Batman Unchained originally titled Batman Triumphant is a cancelled sequel to the 1997 film Batman and Robin, which was planned for a release in mid-1999, but didn't get a release due to the failure of Batman and Robin.
Sometime after the events of Batman and Robin, Batman, Robin and Batgirl do battle with the Scarecrow and flashbacks from the previous Batman films were to be shown in the film.
- George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Chris O’Donnell as Dick Grayson/Robin
- Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl/Barbara Wilson
- Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth
- Nicolas Cage as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow (role offered)
- Courtney Love as Harley Quinn (actress never hired)
- Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon (expected)
- Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey as The Joker, The Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face and The Riddler respectively (they would return in Batman's mind as a result of the Scarecrow's fear toxins)
Why It Was CancelledEdit
- Batman and Robin failed at the box office.
- George Clooney admitted that he hated playing Batman.
- Joel Schumacher didn't want to make fans Batman fans mad again after Batman and Robin.
- Warner Brothers decided to put future Batman films on hold until further notice.
In 2005, Batman came back to the big screen with Batman Begins and the film had some elements from the cancelled sequel.