Ghostbusters III: Hellbent or Ghostbusters III was the proposed sequel to Ghostbusters II. The film was announced in 1999, but went through many production problems throughout the years.
Why It Was CancelledEdit
- Harold Ramis died in 2014.
- Actors Rick Moranis and Bill Murray expressed no interest in reprising their roles.
- The Sony Hack of 2014 may have been another contributing factor to the cancellation.
- There was a video game with most of the original cast returning called The Real Ghostbusters, which was released in 2009.
- The original version of Ghostbusters III was permanently cancelled.
- In 2016, Sony released a reboot with four women as our Ghostbusters and the film flopped due to how offensive the film was with a bunch of jokes that weren't amusing and the fact that people were being accused of being sexist since the film only had women in it instead of men.