Pinocchio II was the planned sequel to the Disney animated film Pinocchio.
Pinocchio is now a real boy and is now on a journey to learn more about life as it is. The film would later have Pinocchio ask why life is sometimes unfair.
Why It Was Cancelled
- John Lasseter became CEO of Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Disney cancelled all future direct-to-DVD sequels in 2007.
- The film was shelved and will probably remain so from now on since Disney discontinued making direct-to-DVD sequels.
- Disney is currently developing a live-action remake of Pinocchio, but it is unknown when it will be released and it is currently unknown who is going to be cast in it.
- The original Pinocchio film is stand-alone.