Superman: The Man of Steel is a cancelled sequel to the 2006 film Superman Returns. The film was to have Brandon Routh return as the title character. It was scheduled for a mid-2009 release.
Brainiac follows Superman back to Earth and it would later reveal that the bank robber who shot Superman in Returns is Metallo.
Why It Was CancelledEdit
- Bryan Singer was going to direct the Jack the Giant Killer.
- Brandon Routh and the other stars went on to do other projects.
- Warner Brothers was disappointed with the box office returns of Superman Returns, despite it being a hit.
- The film was permanently cancelled.
- Warner Brothers released Man of Steel in 2013 as a second reboot film that had no connection to Returns and was completely different from the previous film.