The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was a proposed sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 pushed back to 2018. It was cancelled due to the controversial Sony hack regarding North Korea as well as the failure of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Sometime after the second film, Peter grieves over the death of Gwen and decides to use his blood to revive various people who died while he was still living. Peter would later face off with new villains.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Emma Watson as Jill Stacy
- Ewan McGregor as Gabriel Stacy
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Emmy Rossum as Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl
- Diane Lane as Nancy Stacy
- Angelina Jolie as Jessica Drew
- Jemma Dallender as Teresa Parker
Why It Was Cancelled
- Plans for an Amazing Spider-Man cinematic universe, as well as this sequel were cancelled due to the controversial Sony hack.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 failed to outgross the first film.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2, like Spider-Man 3, received polarizing reviews.
- The film and its planned universe were permanently cancelled.
- Marvel hit the "Reset" button again with his appearance in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming, as well as his mention in Ant-Man.