The Cat in the Hat Comes Back was the planned sequel to the 2003 film The Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers returning as the title character.
The Cat returns to Conrad and Sally's place, while their mother is out doing errands.
- Mike Myers as The Cat in the Hat
- Dakota Fanning as Sally
- Spencer Breslin as Conrad
- Kelly Preston as Joan Walden
- Victor Brandt as the Narrator
Why It Was Cancelled
- The first film was panned by critics and fans of the character alike and was also a box-office disappointment.
- Fans of the book were offended about how many adult jokes were in the first film.
- Dr. Seuss' widow put a permanent red light to all future live-action adaptations of her late husband's work.
- Both Spencer Breslin and Dakota Fanning are now too old to reprise their roles as Conrad and Sally respectively.
- Mike Myers didn’t want to play the title character again.
- The sequel was permanently cancelled and the first film is a stand-alone film.
- There are plans for an animated adaptation of The Cat In The Hat and its possible sequel, which was announced by Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment, following the success of The Lorax. However, further plans to the film weren't announced since then.
- In January 2018, the Warner Animation Group announced that they have picked up the rights for the animated Cat in the Hat reboot movie, along with many of Seuss' works. However, it is currently unknown who will be cast in the reboot film.
- There are two animated theatrical films released, Horton Hears A Who (by Fox and Blue Sky) and The Lorax (by Universal and Illumination).
- A Dr. Seuss Cinematic Universe was formed by Universal starting with The Lorax and then How the Grinch Stole Christmas on November 9, 2018 (which will be Illumination's final DSCU film). "The Cat in the Hat" reboot will be the third installment and will be the first DSCU movie released under the Warner Animation Group.