The Mask II was a proposed sequel to the 1994 smash hit comedy The Mask with Jim Carrey returning as Stanley Ipkiss/The Mask and Cameron Diaz returning as Tina Carlyle. Chuck Russell would also come back to direct the sequel. After a Nintendo game based on the original film was made, there was a power contest for Nintendo and there was an announcement that whoever won the power contest could have a walk on role in the sequel.
- Jim Carrey as Stanley Ipkiss/The Mask
- Cameron Diaz as Tina Carlyle
- Ben Stein as Dr. Arthur Newman
Why It Was Cancelled
- Jim Carrey decided not to return and star in the film Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.
- Cameron Diaz retired from acting in the 2010s.
- The Jim Carrey version was permanently cancelled.
- In 2005, New Line Cinema released a new version of the sequel titled Son of the Mask which was released on February 18, 2005 with Jamie Kennedy as Tim Avery/The Mask, and directed by Lawrence Guterman. The only cast member from the first film to return was Ben Stein. The film was a box office disaster.
- At first, Jim Carrey expressed interest in returning as Stanley Ipkiss/The Mask for the sequel and Director Chuck Russell expressed interest in the sequel.