Yellow Submarine was a planned computer-animated fantasy musical film based on the 1968 animated film of
the same name by The Beatles and directed by Robert Zemeckis, the film was to be produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Apple Corps Ltd. and ImageMovers Digital as it was announced to be released in 2012 for the Summer Olympics in London.
A 3-D adaptation of the classic Beatles animated feature in which the British pop band traveled to a magical place called Pepperland in their yellow submarine to drive away the evil music-hating Blue Meanies.
Why It Was Cancelled
- While the background animation is fine but as for the characters, it will give an massive uncanny valley.
- Simon Wells' Mars Needs Moms flopped at the box office.
- The animation test and concept art of the movie is fairly shown, but not the entire movie.
- ImageMovers Digital had been shut down by Disney in 2011, and reverted back to simply ImageMovers due to previous incident in section 2.
- Adam Campbell as Ringo Starr
- Cary Elwes as George Harrison
- Peter Serafinowicz as Paul McCartney
- Dean Lennox Kelly as John Lennon
- David Tennant (possibly) as Chief Blue Meanie
- The Fab Four as performance capture for The Beatles
- Robert Zemeckis announced to everyone that his animation studio ImageMovers Digital was out of business, and even cancelled the movie permanently as he either thought it was a terrible idea to make a movie based on the song or that it may upset many Beatles fans.