Yellow Submarine was a planned computer-animated fantasy musical film based on the 1968 animated film of
the same name by The Beatles and directed by Robert Zemeckis, the film was to be produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Apple Corps Ltd. and ImageMovers Digital as it was announced to be released in 2012 for the Summer Olympics in London.
A 3-D adaptation of the classic Beatles animated feature in which the British pop band traveled to a magical place called Pepperland in their yellow submarine to drive away the evil music-hating Blue Meanies.
Why It Was Cancelled Edit
- While the background animation is fine but as for the characters, it will give an massive uncanny valley.
- Box-office failure of Simon Wells' Mars Needs Moms.
- The animation test and concept art of the movie is fairly shown but not the entire movie.
- ImageMovers Digital had been shut-down by Walt Disney due to previous incident in section 2.
- Adam Campbell as Ringo Starr
- Cary Elwes as George Harrison
- Peter Serafinowicz as Paul McCartney
- Dean Lennox Kelly as John Lennon
- David Tennant (possibly) as Chief Blue Meanie
- The Fab Four as performance capture for The Beatles
- Robert Zemeckis announced to everyone that his animation studio ImageMovers Digital were shut-down and even cancelled the movie as he thought it was a terrible idea or even it will upset many Beatles fans.